Start your Engines!
Get ready for a NASCAR experience like no other. Test your mettle on classic speedways, including Daytona International Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Martinsville Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway. Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Kyle Busch, Joey Logano and the other NASCAR racers may be kings of the oval track, but in Unleashed, you'll get to see how good their driving skills really are as you crash through the boundaries and bring the racing action to the streets, beaches and off-road environments of the cities that surround the familiar tracks. With lax physics rules and virtually no limits, all you've got to worry about is bumping and grinding your way into first place. Slick audio, intense visuals and easily accessible gameplay let racers of all ages and skill levels enjoy the high-octane adventure and master techniques like drafting and sling-shotting. Start your engines.
- Strap in for a high-speed, arcade-style racing experience that pits you against your favorite NASCAR stars, including Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon, Joey Logano and more
- Put the pedal to the metal on a number of in-game tracks, such as Daytona International Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Martinsville Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway
- Crash through the boundaries of the asphalt oval, and take the racing action onto the pavements, beaches and off-road terrains of the surrounding cities
- Forget about limits and the rules of physics — bump and grind opponents out of the lead to capture the top spot
- Master popular NASCAR techniques, including drafting and sling-shotting, and earn Boost powerups to nab the gold
- Take a look at the easy-to-read, heads-up display to see your race position, current speed, achievements and unlocked items
- Immerse yourself in the high-octane adventure with slick audio, awesome visuals and a pick-up-and-play game style
Owner Comments & Criticism
The only thing this game has in common with NASCAR is a licensing deal that lends it driver names, car paint schemes, and the NASCAR brand name.NASCAR: Unleashed is an arcade style racer where any semblance of realism is completely tossed out the window. With the exception of the Daytona Oval track, all races are done through city streets and winding roads (some even dirt) strewn with obstacles and ramps to launch off of. The controls are also quite twitchy which often turns the game into little more than a glorified demolition derby as you careen off cars and walls.The campaign game mode is rather short, being easy enough to beat in a few days, but the time trials can be frustrating if you try to earn gold trophies on each track. That all said, the game is fun for a short time, but the repetitive nature and AI rubber-banding quickly wear that away.
Back To Top